Sunday, December 5, 2010

A Note About Editions

Dedication page in Coe's The Pulitzer Prize Plays 1918-1934.
I am extremely indebted to Dena Kinney, the Director of the Fine Arts and Design Library at The University of New Mexico, not only for helping me find some of the more obscure titles on the list, but also for checking up on me at various points in the project.  Her emails letting me know that she was following the blog kept me motivated when there was no end in sight (mid-October, to be specific). 

Additionally, this project could not have been completed without the resources of The University of New Mexico Library, particularly the unseen individuals in the Interlibrary Loan Office.  I don't know who you are, but I often wondered if my privileges would be revoked because I was requesting so many strange little volumes.  Instead, my requests always arrived within a week and were the correct, hard-to-find editions. Forever grateful.

In addition to all of my loan requests, the following three anthologies proved extremely useful:
50 Best Plays of the American TheatreSelected by Clive Barnes with Individual Play Introductions by John Gassner. 
Crown Publishers.  ASIN:  B002XRIL6S. 

The Teahouse of the August Moon, The Diary of Anne Frank, Look Homeward, Angel, The Green Pastures, You Can't Take It With You, Abe Lincoln in Illinois, The Time of Your Life, State of the Union, A Streetcar Named Desire, Death of a Salesman, Street Scene, Men in White, Harvey.

The Norton Anthology of Drama, Volume 2.  Edited by J. Ellen Gainor, Stanton B. Garner Jr., Martin Puchner. 
W.W. Norton and Company.  ISBN:  978-0-393-93181-2.
A Streetcar Named Desire, Death of a Salesman, Long Day's Journey Into Night, Buried Child, Glengarry Glen Ross, Fences, Angels in America:  Millennium Approaches.

The Pulitzer Prize Plays 1918-1934.  Edited by Kathryn Coe and William Cordell.  
Random House.  ASIN:  B000855OB2.
Why Marry, Beyond the Horizon, Miss Lulu Bett, Anna Christie, Icebound, Hell-bent Fer Heaven, They Knew What They Wanted, Craig's Wife, In Abraham's Bosom, Strange Interlude, Street Scene, The Green Pastures, Alison's House, Of Thee I Sing, Both Your Houses, Men in White.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your gracious acknowledgement of the University Library staff and services. And as the theatre librarian, I appreciate the bibliographic details in this section. Best,
    Dena

    ReplyDelete
  2. School is going great! How is school for you? I feel like it has been too long since we last saw you! We will be in El Paso the week after Christmas, Chris drives there Monday and I fly in Wednesday night! Will you be there?

    P.S. What is your email address? I am not sure how to get in touch with you since you don't have a Facebook anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Michelle,
    I've stumbled on your web site in my quest for scripts for our Cold Reads Challenge to the nation to real all (now) 85 Pulitzer plays in celebration of the Centennial. If this reaches you, visit coldreads.wordpress.com (password PuP) and drop me a line.
    Thanks,
    George Gray

    ReplyDelete